HAVE FAITH IN BIZARRO WORLD AND PREVAIL!
Do you still read comic books? What about when you were a kid? If so, you may remember the Bizarro World Superman episodes where everything was flip-flopped or reversed from reality. Whether you do or do not, what I am going to ask you to do, especially if you are a girl or woman, is suspend disbelief for a few minutes and seriously consider what I am about to post about what might be a crucial and primal secret to defending yourself against a deadly, spontaneous (surprise, close quarter assault) assault by a stronger, quicker, larger, and likely armed man.
I believe, if you commit yourself to the tactic(s) I advocate, you will screw with the attacker’s belief system. And it is that Belief System that guides him like an internal gyroscope and has probably even drove him to select you as his victim. And it is that Belief System (and experience as a predator) that instills in him The Truth that assures him, that, upon First Touch, you will:
- Ignore your natural instincts to fight or fly.
- Hold Your Breath.
- Go Mute.
- Commit to no effective fight plan, but, if you fight, commit only a vertical resistance path
- Commit to Zero Resistance when ordered to or led to a Secondary Crime Scene.
In other words, you become the Ideal Victim. Quiet, passive, inert.
COMMIT YOURSELF TO TRUE, MULTI-DIMENSIONAL, MULTILATERAL SELF DEFENSE
So, what is the self defense plan that flip-flops reality? I call it The Fighting Arts. It is doing exactly what, deeeep down in your soul you were created to do to survive. In this case, doing what you were created to do – before society got hold of you and fouled you all up – is exactly the opposite of what the predator expects. Actually, when you think of it, it is likely the opposite of what you and so many of our esteemed self defense experts would suggest you do in this instance, which is:
- Trust Your Gut Instincts. You have wonderful, natural instincts, which will warn you when danger lurks. Yet I know case after case where a victim rejected this warning & ignored the chance to escape or evade what turned out to be a fatal assault.
- Always be Aware. Maintain a 360 degree awareness of what is around you, subtle changes in the environment & others, escape routes, etc.
- Always Control & Protect Your Personal Space.
- Use the Attacker’s “First Touch” as a Trigger To Explode Into Action.
- Do Whatever It Takes To Stay in the Initial Crime Scene. Over 95% of victims who allow themselves to be taken to an isolated secondary scene never return!
- Use The Element of Surprise (see my last two posts).
- Employ Target Focused Counterattacks. If and when the Bad Guy grabs you, be aware he is exposing at least one primary target and several secondary targets (I will expand on this in the next two posts).
- Scream, Yell, Drop to the Ground. To prevent being carried off to a waiting car, dark alley, etc., use the ground as your ally. Wrap both legs around his ankles, keep your head down. Suddenly dropping to the ground as a bad guy is dragging you to a car, etc., can throw him off balance, and now, on your back you can use your feet while rotating on your hip to keep him away. I am not saying use this as your only counter attack, but do not dismiss this as an option. As soon as you can get to your feet and go!
- Grab and Turn Into Him. When grabbed from behind, or even from the front, the conventional thought would be to always turn in the opposite direction, which, by the way, usually plays into the bad guy’s strength. Instead, here are a few possible tactics:
In the next post, “Staying in the Initial Crime Scene.”
Until then, Stay Safe