I ended my last post with a suggestion to use the bad guy’s expectations (fantasy script) against him. Allow me to amplify.
He grabs you by the wrists (the most common “attack”). He expects you to attempt to pull away. Strength against strength. He knows if you do that, he has a distinct advantage. Blow his mind away by first pulling away (what he expects) and then waiting for him to “win the fight (in his mind)” by pulling you hard toward him. When he pulls you, he expects you to stumble defeated and lifelessly toward him, but, now, you are going to be a confident and ready warrior and you are going to propel into his center-line targets like a beast. Many of his center-line targets are what I call Kill Switches.
- Drive the palm of your free hand hard into his groin. Repeatedly.
- Drive the palm of your hand into his chin and drive his head up and back as if trying to knock it off his shoulders.
- Growl like the animal you’ve become and bite his nose off.
Or, maybe the bastard is able to grab you and pull you in close. He expects you to melt in fear. He expects that he has won. Use this against him by, at first, relaxing your body and make that he has won, maybe even pretend to return his caress. Place the back of your head on his shoulder and move the hand closest to his head around to his opposite cheek. Now, quickly, drive your thumb into his eyes and use the side of your head to prevent him from moving his head away. Once he relinquishes his grip on you, begin to assail him with strikes, bites, head butts, etc.
There are hundreds of surprise techniques I have in my Hammer Survival Blueprint. But I am sure you get the idea.
Stay safe. Be Confident. Be an Animal.
I’m not going to sugar coat it, Dudes and Dudettes, any time you are attacked the bad guy has the advantage. Something like a 97.6% chance of doing to you whatever it is that he set out to do. Rob you, rape you, torture you, kill you. Walk away from your body, indifferent to the blood seeping from damn near every orifice, pleas for mercy unheeded. Well, excuse my English, but fuck that, we are going to turn the tables on that miscreant starting now.
Put briefly, these miscreants are almost always stronger, faster, meaner, more determined than you. They are also cowards who are not looking for a (fair) fight, so they hedge their bets by choosing where and when they attack so that there are no witnesses (to come to your aide), very little room for you to escape and evade an attack, and, more importantly, at least 97% of the time, they first distract you to shatter the connection between your mind and your body, and, then, bang, they surprise you with a spontaneous attack!
You can not only survive this, but actually prevail – actually knock this thug out – by adopting The Hammer Survival Blueprint.
- Never Be Surprised! Be aware of your surroundings; trust your gut instincts/they are always right/The Gift of Fear/be aware of people around you.
- Anticipate! Once you observe someone or some thing that may endanger you, devise a plan of action. ”If he does A, I will do B, etc.”
- Breathe! Rocket oxygenated blood to your fighting brain!
- Protect Your Space! If the miscreant cannot enter your Personal safety Zone (6′), he cannot harm you. Do not cement yourself to the ground. Move. Maintain your PSZ!
- Speak! Almost all victims say nothing as they are being stalked, confronted, and finally, attacked. Look at the evil sumbitch (I know what you are doing, man) and tell him to stay back. Believe it or not, verbalizing will liberate something from deep inside. Verbalizing will minimize paralysis.
- Use the Element of Surprise To Launch Your Attack! The Bad Guy has a fantasy script. In that script you are quiet, you are immobile, you are frozen in fear (paralysis), you will not fight. And, here is the thing: The longer his fantasy script is allowed to go on, the more confident he becomes and the more dangerous (homicidal).
- So, Fracture His Fantasy Script Immediately By moving, yelling and using surprise. Use his Expectation Against Him.
In my next post, how to use the bad guy’s expectations against him?
Until Then, Stay safe and Be Volatile
ISIS, NORTH KOREA, PAKISTAN (141 children massacred), Ferguson, New York City. All in the news in the last week. Incomprehensible violence threatening to get more violent. The world is on fire. More violent than ever before, I think. But those sorrowful episodes are matters for our police, CIA, SWAT, and other entities to deal with. My question, though, for this post, is: How can you, the average woman (or man, boy or girl) protect yourself against increasing violence in your neighborhood?
SUPER SECRET POLICE SHIT THAT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE
- Self-Defense is 98% “Soft-Skills,” and only 2% physical (fighting).
- Soft-Skills include making yourself a Tough-Target. You can do this by adopting a safety-philosophy of Fake It To Make It. Whether you feel it or not, adopt a Confident and Ready Demeanor. Manifest it in how you walk, how you keep your head up, how you Mad-Dog (look at potential assailants like, WTF do you want, Dude?) others. PST (Positive Self-Talks) can convince you to breathe tactically and even “explode upon first touch” by a bad guy.
- Soft-Skills also include having a Plan of Action. Be one of the 2% who not only survives an attack but prevails. The first time you think about what to do and how to react can not be when a assailant grabs or strikes one of your body parts!
- USE THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE! It works almost every time. An attacker depends upon a few universal beliefs. If and when these Beliefs Fail, there is a good chance he will either break off the attack, or, almost as important, lose confidence (which weakens him). To survive, we need to turn his belief system against him through the element of surprise:
Next Post: ”Using Surprise To Defeat the Bad Guy!”
Until then, stay safe and think “Confident.”
I said it in my last post, and, believe me, I exaggerate not. If you are a girl or woman on a (high school, or) college campus, you are a target for a gamut of uninvited contact and even assaults by male students as well as non-students who live and play on the outskirts of your campus. The statistics are harrowing (I’ve quoted them before), and, worse, the statistics for sexual assault, rape, stalking, and devastating threats doesn’t tell half the story because less than 2/3 of assaults go unreported!
PERSONAL SAFETY ON CAMPUS
A pity you must think like this, but, the implications are, if you are on campus, more likely than not you will experience some sort of attack. What to do to physically take charge of your own safety?
Become what I call a Hard Target. Learn to walk in such a way and in such a manner that those who would target you as “easy meat” will change their attitude and leave you alone. Learn to walk with confidence, swinging your arms contra-laterally and looking around for possible attackers as you walk. A Victim-Walk is emblemized by a woman looking down at her feet and shuffling unaware from place to place.
Okay, second, prepare yourself. Always arm your brain with a Plan of Action. In other words, Be Aware, Assess everything around you and ANTICIPATE (what will I do if this or that happens).
Third, You Must Be Willing to do what you have to do to escape and evade the potential aggressor.
Protect Your Space! Do not permit anybody inside your PSZ (Personal safety Zone/within 5 feet).
Breathe Don’t Freeze (89% of women freeze and hold their breath when first touched).
Be Target Focused. Hit secondary targets (feet/ankles/shins/knees, hips, chest, ears, etc) in order to open up PRIMARY TARGETS (eyes, throat, groin, etc). Hit them and hit them again until the threat goes away!
It is hard for me to go into self-defense techniques in a one-dimensional venue, so, please consider taking yourself a self-defense course.
Or, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about self-defense.