I’m not going to sugar coat it, Dudes and Dudettes, any time you are attacked the bad guy has the advantage. Something like a 97.6% chance of doing to you whatever it is that he set out to do. Rob you, rape you, torture you, kill you. Walk away from your body, indifferent to the blood seeping from damn near every orifice, pleas for mercy unheeded. Well, excuse my English, but fuck that, we are going to turn the tables on that miscreant starting now.
Put briefly, these miscreants are almost always stronger, faster, meaner, more determined than you. They are also cowards who are not looking for a (fair) fight, so they hedge their bets by choosing where and when they attack so that there are no witnesses (to come to your aide), very little room for you to escape and evade an attack, and, more importantly, at least 97% of the time, they first distract you to shatter the connection between your mind and your body, and, then, bang, they surprise you with a spontaneous attack!
You can not only survive this, but actually prevail – actually knock this thug out – by adopting The Hammer Survival Blueprint.
- Never Be Surprised! Be aware of your surroundings; trust your gut instincts/they are always right/The Gift of Fear/be aware of people around you.
- Anticipate! Once you observe someone or some thing that may endanger you, devise a plan of action. ”If he does A, I will do B, etc.”
- Breathe! Rocket oxygenated blood to your fighting brain!
- Protect Your Space! If the miscreant cannot enter your Personal safety Zone (6′), he cannot harm you. Do not cement yourself to the ground. Move. Maintain your PSZ!
- Speak! Almost all victims say nothing as they are being stalked, confronted, and finally, attacked. Look at the evil sumbitch (I know what you are doing, man) and tell him to stay back. Believe it or not, verbalizing will liberate something from deep inside. Verbalizing will minimize paralysis.
- Use the Element of Surprise To Launch Your Attack! The Bad Guy has a fantasy script. In that script you are quiet, you are immobile, you are frozen in fear (paralysis), you will not fight. And, here is the thing: The longer his fantasy script is allowed to go on, the more confident he becomes and the more dangerous (homicidal).
- So, Fracture His Fantasy Script Immediately By moving, yelling and using surprise. Use his Expectation Against Him.
In my next post, how to use the bad guy’s expectations against him?
Until Then, Stay safe and Be Volatile